All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible....

September 13, 2008

Walgreens Deals


Thankfully Walgreens decided to grace us with another $10 off $40 purchase coupon this weekend. I discovered it earlier today and rushed out to grab my Free After Rebate stuff for the month of September. Didn't have much time to plan because the coupon is valid only Friday and Saturday. I grabbed all my manufacturer coupons from the office because I knew I would need them and I'm glad I did. Here is my trip broken down.

*SunSilk Hydra TLC Shampoo with bonus(s) & Conditioner with bonus(s): 2/$4.29
*Degree Men's Sport Deodorant = $1.99
*Crest Pro-Health Whitening Toothpaste = $3.79
*Chemistry Volume Treatment/Root Lifter = $7.99
*Degree Woman's Deodorant = $1.99
*Walgreen's Toothbrushes = 2 for $1.99
*Revlon Nails Top Coat = $4.79
*Bic Soliel Shimmer Kit with Refills = $6.99
*Excedrin Tension Headache Gels = $3.99
*Lypsyl SPF15 LypMoisturizer = $1.99
*Breast Cancer Awareness Coffee Cup (couldn't resist) = $4.99

Total before Coupons and Rebates: $44.79

*SunSilk Hydra TLC Shampoo with bonus(s) & Conditioner with bonus(s): 2/4.29 and used $1.50/1 coupon = $1.30 for both and $0.65 a piece
*Degree Men's Sport Deodorant = $1.99 and used $1/1 coupon = $.99
*Crest Pro-Health Whitening Toothpaste = $3.79 but Free After Rebate and used $0.75/1 coupon = $0.75 overage
*Chemistry Volume Treatment/Root Lifter = $7.99 but Free After Rebate
*Degree Woman's Deodorant = $1.99 and used $.50/1 = $1.49
*Walgreen's Toothbrushes = 2 for $2
*Revlon Nails Top Coat = $4.79 but Free After Rebate
*Bic Soliel Shimmer Kit with Refills = $6.99 and used $3/1 coupon = $3.99
*Excedrin Tension Headache Gels = $3.99 but Free After Rebate
*Lypsyl SPF15 LypMoisturizer = $1.99 but Free After Rebate
*Breast Cancer Awareness Coffee Cup (couldn't resist) = $4.99

Total Spent OOP after Manufacturer Coupons and $10 off = $28.04
Total in Rebates = $22.55

Total OOP = $5.49!!

I'll also get 10% back for putting it on my gift card. Not to shabby!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is friggin AWESOME! How do you do this again? Can you direct me towards the blog you found this on?

Boyd Team said...

The best place to go to learn about Walgreen's shopping is the blog Money Saving Mom. I have a link on the right hand side of my blog. She will post each month about Walgreen's deals and She has a link on the right side of her blog near the top that says "Walgreen's 101" which is good to read before you start and I go into more detail on one of my older posts called "My Lesson in Fruganomics".

Also, on MSM you will find a ton of different bloggers that post their tips and tricks. Basically it's just using the Walgreen's free Easy Saver Catalog + Manufacturer coupons if you have them + the occasional $10/$40 coupon Walgreen's releases for 2 days only, to get free or close to free stuff. If your good you can get paid to shop. MSM will post the coupon so keep an eye out! It's only a Fri & Sat deal.

Let me know if you need anymore help :)