All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible....

May 26, 2008

Day 3 of Construction

I could sleep for a week straight. We just wrapped up our 3rd day at the house. Day 1 and 2 were demo and today we started repair work. Drywall, mudding, sanding, taping, plumbing, clean up etc...

Once again our investments have become a family affair. We had Seth, Brie, Gabe, Josh, Jax, Jordy and I all hard at work. We can't forget about CowCow either. He mastered the art of naping while we all worked our butts off :)

I am so proud of us all! The house looks great. Josh managed to move our plumbing for the sink to the other side of the kitchen so I can look out the window when I'm washing dishes or doing food prep. We also got the new bathtub in. We also finished taking off all the nasty wallpaper off the bathroom walls. The previous owners were sheer genius ::insert sarcasm here:: they thought it would be a good idea to just put the wallpaper right over the drywall instead of putting on a layer of primer or paint first. Ugh. It was hell getting it off. I do recommend DIF brand wallpaper remover. We would have never got the wallpaper off without this product. By the time Brie and I were done - we were exhausted and all our limbs hurt.
We'll be taking a break for the next few days because we both work but I can't wait to get started again.

*Edited to Include Pictures*

Oh and we can't forget about our little "helper" ;)

No comments: