All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible....

July 9, 2008

Small Projects

The last few weeks have been chaos. Good chaos but chaos all the same. We have been working and working on the house. I switched offices and kick started my Real Estate career at the new office. More to follow on that. Also, my Mom, Brother and Sister came in town for a week. I also had my other Brother, his Girlfriend Kayla and my new niece Nadia here too! Whew. The house was packed but we had a lot of fun! As soon as my Mom emails me some pictures I'll post them. My camera is acting crazy so I used hers all week.

So, after all the chaos I have really been taking some quiet time. Reading, organizing etc...One of my little projects was painting the barn stars my Mom got me.

Before:


After:


They were a Chocolate/Rusty color. Of course I had to paint them black. I lightly sanded them and then gave them a couple good coats of Rustoleum Painters Touch, Black, Semi-Gloss Paint. I really like how they turned out. Now I just have to figure out where to hang them inside and outside of the new house.

No comments: