All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible....

October 30, 2008

Final October Haul

Stick a fork in me....I am DONE! Done with October that is. I need a break. With Halloween coming up tomorrow and all the work we have to do around the house this weekend there will be no more coupon clipping, matching, organizing or shopping trips. Granted I only went shopping twice this week but I'm still exhausted.

I didn't bother to bring out all the Coffee Mate from my fridge that I bought. It was on clearance at Target $3/2 and I had a bunch of $1/1 coupons. I bought 10 bottles. Hope they don't go bad. Maybe I can freeze them?


This last haul was excellent because I finally was able to get some things to donate. Up until now it's been a stockpile mission to get our family stocked. I upped my purchase on Sunday papers by one last Sunday and bought 3. Inside were coupons for Ascensia Glucose Meters for up to $30.00. I initially put them in my sell/trade/donate pile but quickly took them out when I realized that Walgreen's had these very meters for $9.99! They are regularly $59.99. One of the meters and a bunch of the tissue isn't pictured. We are all sick so I put boxes all over the house and I gave a meter to my Diabetic Daddy :) He needed a new one!

Here are my Transactions broken down:

First Transaction

Ascensia Breeze2 Meter = Sale $9.99
(2) Puffs Tissues = $1.99 each
Loreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Moisterizer = $19.99 (FAR Item)

Total before Coupons and Rebates = $33.96
Ascensia Breeze2 Meter: used up to $30 Q from 10/26 paper = FREE
(2) Puffs Tissues: Used $1/1 IVC (in ad 7 day coupon that takes $1 off for each product) + (2) .25/1 = $.74 each
Loreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Moisturizer: used $2/1 SS 10/5 (q good at wags only) = $2 OVERAGE

Total After Coupons and Rebates = $1.48

Second Transaction

Ascensia Contour Meter = Sale $9.99
(2) Puffs Tissues = $1.99 each
(3) Pert Plus 2/1 Happy Medium = $3.49 each

Total Before Coupons = $20.95

Ascensia Contour Meter: used up to $30 Q from 10/26 paper = FREE
(2) Puffs Tissues: Used $1/1 IVC (in ad 7 day coupon that takes $1 off for each product) + (2) .25/1 = $.74 each
(3) Pert Plus 2/1 Happy Medium: used $2.50/1 ESQ + $1/1 printable = FREE

Total After Coupons = $1.48

Third Transaction

Ascensia Contour Meter = Sale $9.99
(2) Puffs Tissues = $1.99 each
(2) Palmolive Oxy Dish Liquid = $1.99 each

Total Before Coupons = $17.95

Ascensia Contour Meter: used up to $30 Q from 10/26 paper = FREE
(2) Puffs Tissues: Used $1/1 IVC (in ad 7 day coupon that takes $1 off for each product) + (2) .25/1 = $.74 each
(2) Palmolive Oxy Dish Liquid: Used $1/1 IVC (in ad 7 day) + (2) .25/1 SS or RP 10/26 = $.74 each

Total After Coupons = $2.96

Total Savings for all 3 trips: $70.43!!

I'll be donating the other 2 meters and the Pert because I already have a ton. I'm sending the Loreal to my Mom and giving the extra tissue to family :)

I have my trip for the 2nd all planned out and should be sharing it soon. This will by far be the biggest haul to date. I plan to donate some things too. How exciting!

Want to see more Drugstore Savings? Visit the "Cent"sible Sawyer's Drug Store Diva's!



No comments: