All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible....

October 15, 2008

I. must. resist. the. urge.


To drive down the street to my local Starbucks and grab an oh so delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte. Only 17 more days! You see because I'm that much of a cheep-o I refuse to go to Starbuck's throughout the year. I'm not kidding, I never go unless I'm being treated to something by my Aunt or Dad who I occasionally meet there and by occasionally I mean like every two years. However, on Halloween I get the boys ready to go trick or treating and go and grab a Pumpkin Spice latte and sip it's delicious, creamy goodness while we Trick or Treat.

It's been especially hard this year because it seems as though everyone is talking to me about this latte as though it's brand new and explaining it to me in such detail I feel as though I am being tortured!! The girl at the check out counter at the grocery store, the teller at the bank and even friends. I seriously have considered wearing ear plugs when I leave the house.

I have to do something about my craving so I googled Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipes and I found the two following recipes:

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients:
1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup
8 oz. (1 cup) milk
1-2 shots (1/4 cup espresso or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee) espresso

Instructions:
Steam together Torani and milk. Pour steamed flavored milk to about 1/2 inch below the top of a 16-oz. glass. Add espresso and top with a thin layer of foamed milk. Making it at home: In a small saucepan, gently heat Torani and milk, whisking until frothy. Pour into a tall glass and add espresso. You may also heat milk and Torani in a microwave, pour into a blender and blend until frothy, about 30 seconds. Pour into a tall glass and add espresso. Servings/Yield: 1 16-oz drink.

Notes:
*Substitute 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee if desired
and this one:

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons Canned Pumpkin Pie
2 Tablespoons Vanilla Syrup
1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Cup Milk
3 Ounces Espresso (1-2 shots)

Directions:
In a small saucepan, stir pumpkin puree into milk.
Add vanilla syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
Heat gently, continuing to stirring occasionally just until steaming and foam begins to appear.
Pour pumpkin flavored milk into a tall mug and pour espresso over.
Top with whip cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
Note: If you like it slightly sweeter; add a bit of vanilla
flavored coffee cream.

Both recipes seem fairly easy and I can't wait to try them!

Oh and Debbie, if your reading this, your latte is my treat this year!


No comments: